Total View-Count

Friday, May 16, 2014

Israel in America

It's been an incredible four months. I've met so many new people, explored all kinds of amazing places, and most importantly -- ate a whole ton of yummy food! However, while nearing the end is hard enough with trying to figure out how to say your "good-byes" to this awesome place (and all the awesome people), it gets a lot harder when I have to think how I'm going to bring Israel to the US with me.

Israel has had a lasting impact on my life. I don't just only want to make Aliyah and live in Israel, I also want to introduce people to this country I talk so highly about. The culture of America is so different compared to Israel. It will be very strange to try to make the shift back to American culture after I get home. Instead of trying to completely go back to the "norm," I can implement some of Israel into my everyday life back in America. This consists of things like reading about the news in Israel every morning, keeping in touch with the people I've met here, and finally, finding some free-time to enjoy some of that tasty falafel.

This may seem like it should be my longest blog ever -- because how can I possibly sum up my whole trip? But to me it doesn't have to. I know what I did on EIE -- and I loved every second of it. What is more important is realizing the impact of Israel. The fact that I am going back to America in two weeks is scary. But the idea that maybe I'll possibly be back in the Promised Land in two years (without a set-in-stone day that I have to leave) just get's more excited about coming home so I can finish high school and finally start doing stuff I actually want to do! Israel makes me happy. That's the sort of impact that I won't ever forget and that makes me want to come back and spend the rest of my life here.

1 comment:

  1. I am estatic that not only do you identify with Israel well, and it brings you joy, but youre also becoming a social advocate. Teaching, reitererating, sharing what brings you this happiness is the exact way we're meant to display our new formed knowlege. Others understanding your decision to come back because of your stories and love for life here sets a warming tone for Israel. Good for you.
    -Arianna

    ReplyDelete